Therapeutic Guidelines Limited (TGL)/RACGP Research Grant 2018
Apply for Research Funding
General practitioners (GPs) provide person centred, continuing and comprehensive medical care to individuals and families within their community, and they utilise best practice evidence in the light of individual patient circumstances – to understand, plan and manage their patients’ health needs.
The aim of this Therapeutic Guidelines / RACGP Research Grant is to support guidelines research that investigates use and implementation of TGL (eTG complete) point of care guidelines in general practice.
Specifically, research topics focusing on:
- Content and format of TGL electronic and book products: presentation, useability, navigation, access and functionality of guidelines – how do GPs want information presented and implemented?
- Behavioural aspects of guideline use: how do people use TGL guidelines, how often, what is looked up, when, why and how can this be improved?
- Consequence (outcome): benefits of using TGL guidelines to improve prescribing and health outcomes.
- Evidence-practice gaps: do Australian GPs follow TGL guidelines well, and if not, why not?
While research falling under any of these areas will be considered, studies focusing on (3) benefits of using TGL guidelines to improve prescribing and health outcomes are encouraged as areas of particular interest to TGL. Both pilot studies and proposals for full-scale research studies will be considered. The grant is not designed to support primary research on clinical issues or guidelines development.
Up to two grants (one large and one smaller project) to a total value of up to $100,000 (excl. GST) will be offered for a period up to 18 months to fund a project(s) focusing on use and/or implementation of TGL guidelines in general practice.
To be eligible for the TGL/RACGP Research Grant, ideally the principal investigator will be a GP or GP registrar. At least one member of the research team must be a GP or GP registrar.
Applications will be assessed against the following criteria:
- significance or importance of the proposed research to general practice and use and/or implementation of TGL guidelines 30%
- scientific quality and originality of the proposed research project 30%
- feasibility of carrying out and completing the research in an 18-month timeframe 30%
- appropriateness of proposed budget to fulfil research objectives 10%
Expressions of interest are called for this research grant. The deadline for submission is Monday 9 April 2018, 5.00 pm AEST.
Following assessment of expressions of interest, selected researchers will be invited to submit an application for funding in mid-May. Full applications close on Monday 25 June 2018, 5.00pm AEST.
Please click here to apply.
This grant is made available by Therapeutic Guidelines Limited, and administered by the RACGP Foundation.