Australian Prescriber reviews the Wilderness Medicine guidelines
In the latest podcast from Australian Prescriber, Dr Justin Coleman interviews Dr Charmaine Tate, Chief Medical Officer of the New Zealand Defence Force.
They discuss the recent changes to the Wilderness Medicine guidelines including:
- tick bite prevention and basic management principles
- heat-related illness
- use of prophylactic acetazolamide to prevent acute mountain sickness and high-altitude cerebral oedema
- management of diving-related illness
- management of drowning
- prevention of electrical injury and advice for when a patient is unconscious from electrical shock.
You can listen to the podcast here.
This is just one of a series of podcasts from Australian Prescriber reviewing the latest updates to Therapeutic Guidelines. Catch up by visiting the links below:
- Liver Disorders
- Pain and Analgesia
- Toxicology and Toxinology
- Oral and Dental
- Bone and Metabolism
- Ulcer and Wound