Australian Prescriber reviews the updated Toxicology and Toxinology guidelines
In the latest podcast from Australian Prescriber, Dr Justin Coleman interviews Dr Venita Munir, editor of the updated Toxicology and Toxinology guidelines in eTG complete. Venita has over 20 years’ medical experience, worked in emergency medicine at St Vincent’s Hospital, Melbourne, for 13 years, and is now an editor for Therapeutic Guidelines. Visit this link to listen.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- updates and new poisoning topics in the guidelines
- the complexity of management for paracetamol poisoning
- evidence-based rationale for antivenom treatment in snake bite
- the importance and urgency of recognising a button battery ingestion in children
- novel psychoactive drugs.
This is just one of a series of podcasts from Australian Prescriber reviewing the latest updates to eTG complete. Catch up by visiting the links below.