Australian Prescriber reviews the Sore throat guidelines
In the latest podcast from Australian Prescriber, Dr Justin Coleman interviews Dr Emily Tucker, Infectious Diseases Physician at Flinders Medical Centre.
They discuss the recent changes to the Sore throat topic including:
- causes of sore throat
- assessing if hospitalisation is required
- distinguishing between viral and bacterial aetiology, including the role of investigations
- symptomatic therapy for sore throat
- antibiotic prescribing for sore throat
- assessing the risk of acute rheumatic fever
Listen to the podcast here.
This is just one of a series of podcasts from Australian Prescriber reviewing the latest updates to Therapeutic Guidelines. Catch up by visiting the links below: