Australian Prescriber reviews the Liver Disorders guidelines
In the latest podcast from Australian Prescriber, Dr Justin Coleman interviews Professor Alex Thompson, a member of the Liver Disorders expert group. Professor Alex Thompson is a hepatologist and Director of Gastroenterology at St Vincent’s Hospital in Melbourne.
They discuss the recent changes to the Liver Disorders guidelines including:
- common causes of liver disease in Australia
- new oral antiviral treatments for hepatitis C
- changes to the role of the GP when it comes to prescribing hepatitis C treatment
- 4 key steps to take before starting hepatitis C treatment
- updates to the hepatitis B topic in Therapeutic Guidelines
- managing nonalcoholic fatty liver disease and identifying patients at risk of liver-related complications
- when specialist input is recommended for hepatitis C or nonalcoholic fatty liver disease.
You can listen to the podcast here.
This is just one of a series of podcasts from Australian Prescriber reviewing the latest updates to Therapeutic Guidelines. Catch up by visiting the links below:
- Pain and Analgesia
- Oral and Dental
- Bone and Metabolism
- Ulcer and Wound