Australian Prescriber reviews the Gastrointestinal guidelines
In the latest podcast from Australian Prescriber, Dr Justin Coleman interviews Professor Chris Rayner, a gastroenterologist at the University of Adelaide.
They discuss the recent changes to the Gastrointestinal guidelines including:
- cause, diagnosis and first-line therapy for eosinophilic oesophagitis
- treatment of Helicobacter pylori infection
- antiemetics choice based on their classification
- the use of antidepressants as neuromodulators to treat functional gastrointestinal disorders
- diagnosis of coeliac disease
- management of diverticulitis and the role of colonoscopy following an episode of acute diverticulitis
- treatment of iron deficiency
You can listen to the podcast here.
This is just one of a series of podcasts from Australian Prescriber reviewing the latest updates to Therapeutic Guidelines. Catch up by visiting the links below: