Australian Prescriber reviews the Antibiotic guidelines
In the latest podcast from Australian Prescriber, Justin Coleman interviews Antibiotic 16 Expert Group member Dr Kirsty Buising. Kirsty is an Infectious Diseases Physician at the Royal Melbourne Hospital and Deputy Director of the National Centre for Antimicrobial Stewardship. Visit this link to listen or view the YouTube video below.
Topics discussed include:
- choosing the duration of antibiotic therapy
- differentiating between bronchitis and pneumonia
- use of patient decision aids when explaining the potential benefits and harms of antibiotic therapy
- updated recommendations for the treatment of urinary tract infection
- managing patients with penicillin allergy.
This is just one of a series of podcasts from Australian Prescriber reviewing the latest updates to eTG complete. Catch up by visiting the links below.