2021 Therapeutic Guidelines/RACGP Foundation Research Grant recipient announced
A warm congratulations to Dr Jacqueline Frayne, recipient of the 2021 Therapeutic Guidelines/RACGP Research Grant. Since 2012, Therapeutic Guidelines has provided annual funding for grants of up to $100,000 to support research into the use and implementation of guidelines in general practice.
Dr Frayne is a Clinical Academic General Practitioner with over 25 years of experience. She works in general practice and the Childbirth and Mental Illness Antenatal Clinic at King Edward Memorial Hospital for Women in Perth and is involved in teaching and research at The University of Western Australia.
Dr Frayne’s research project, Australian GPs’ knowledge, and utilisation of resources and guidelines in prescribing psychotropic medication during pregnancy and breastfeeding: a mixed-methods study will delve into an important area of primary care prescribing. Dr Frayne and her team will look to explore Australian GPs’ knowledge of psychotropic prescribing in pregnancy and breastfeeding, focusing on:
- Understanding whether GPs access available related resources and treatment guidelines, including the perceptions of adequacy and usefulness of available resources
- Exploring challenges that GPs face in managing patient-centred care
- Identifying how guidelines can be best utilised by practicing GPs, to ensure a well-informed, shared decision-making process with women, to ultimately improve outcomes for women.
Past recipients of Therapeutic Guidelines/RACGP Foundation Research Grants include:
- Dr Lisa Amir (2020)
- Dr Mina Bakhit (2020)
- Dr Jo-Anne Manski-Nankervis (2019, 2017)
- Professor Mieke van Driel (2018)
- Assoc Prof Michelle Guppy (2016)
- Dr Carissa Bonner (2016)
- Prof Jane Gunn (2016)
- Prof Mark Nelson (2015)
- Prof Danielle Mazza (2015)